Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Return - January 8th, 2007

Here we are getting ready to head back to the States for our furlough. There is so much to do and so many things to wrap up and prepare for, but I am really looking forward to the time with friends and family. Last year, we went like crazy while we were home and were more burned out when we returned than when we left. All that work, numerous speaking engagements and we only netted one new supporter. I know that gaining new supporters is not the only reason we share what's going on down here, but at the time, it was a lot of work for very little visible return. This year, we are planning to take a different route. I'll still be speaking a few different times but will not fill up my schedule like last year. We'll see how it goes as we learn by trial and error. I will sure miss everyone and everything that is taking place down here and will continue to pray for our team and all of the locals we're working with. I hope that our entire family comes back re-charged and ready to go in this new year and I will be praying that God brings the right people onto our team at the right time and that the ministries continue to expand.

No comments: