Thursday, May 24, 2007

Overdose - January 29, 2007


I've had a few problems getting connected the past couple of weeks as we have been travelling, but fortunately and able to get online today. We are in North Florida right now staying with my family. I have spoken at Thomasville Road Baptist Church in addition to a group of people from several different churches at a coffee. I'm also planning to speak to the college group at TRBC on Wednesday night and am hoping for a good response and maybe an intern or two from that engagement. I have encountered an unexpected problem since we came home that has really limited my ability to much of anything other than lay around. When we returned home, we went on a short cruise with some friends and I used one of the motion sickness patches to help with my sea-sickness. Unfortunately, I had a really strong and bad reaction to the medication several days after the cruise and ended up with Scopolamine toxicity...I've been poisoned by too much medicine. For the first day, my vision got so blurry that I could hardly see and I've been spinning and so disoriented that I can't even drive, since Thursday. I went to a doctor today and was told that I must be extra sensitive to the meds and will just have to wait and see what happens. It is interfering with just about everything and has pretty much immobilized me. I'd appreciate your prayers on this.

No comments: